The Things Excellent Adventure: A Photo Essay | EduClaytion

The Things Excellent Adventure: A Photo Essay

Some of you may have caught my post the other day about Leanne’s Things at Killer Tribes. Well, I had them for more than just the conference. What follows are pics from their Excellent Adventure continued, this time with eduClaytion.

We started off in the only place that made sense–at college with Professor Morgan.

You know the Things had to get eduClayted

I always fall asleep on textbooks too

At university

Heinz Field, home of the Steelers, from classroom window

Of course, I spend lots of time making trips all over the place, so we hit the road for Nashville, Tennessee. On the way home a large sign in Cave City, Kentucky caught our eye. We stopped for a photo shoot that would make Boss Hogg gristle with glee.

Guntown Mountain ya'll. Pull over.

See?

Welcome to Dinosaur World. Spot the Things.

Leanne's Things hanging out in Kentucky. See 'em?

Another tribute to Where's Waldo

Oops

Insert your own caption here

You DON'T go to Cave City and skip Mammoth Cave

The Things go redneck

So many hours in the car made us all antsy.

Lax seat belt laws?

But we HAD to make one last stop.

It was late & rainy but the Things rocked Claysville

Out

It's Kim, the true artist behind all these great shots

Now as a special bonus, here’s an awesome picture of one of  the squirrel’s who visit me while I write.

Squirrels like Super Mario Bros. too

Have you ever gone to Kentucky on purpose?

28 Responses to “The Things Excellent Adventure: A Photo Essay”

1. HopefulLeigh April 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

I love playing “Where’s Waldo?” with the Things!

I’ve driven through KY a bunch but until last week, I’d never spent any time there. I visited a friend in Louisville for the afternoon. We didn’t do anything Kentuckian so I’m not sure that counts.

• Anne April 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm #

Professor Morgan? Damn, I wish I’d known your day job at Killer Tribes.

Love these pics!

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:06 am #

Yeppers. Do you teach too?

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:06 am #

You have to get chased by a sheriff in Hazzard County for it to really count.

2. K.B. Owen April 11, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

Love it, Clay! They are fearless, aren’t they? They didn’t bat an eyelash (if they had any) when they went ziplining with us in W.VA., and you looked more scared at Dino World, LOL. BTW, I think it’s super cool that they named a town after you. ;)

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:07 am #

Just checked. No eyelashes. I wanted them to name Pittsburgh after me too but no dice.

3. Larisa April 12, 2012 at 10:21 am #

I was wondering where the Things went. I haven’t seen them since they went to Wegmans with Renee.

4. LarryTheDeuce April 12, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

I lived in Kentucky for a year. It was the hardest year of my life.

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:08 am #

At least you got out. You know someone from Kentucky is gonna read this and think I really hate them or something.

5. Piper Bayard April 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm #

Love the pictures! And Leanne’s Things look like quite the handful. So to speak.

I have actually gone to Kentucky on purpose. Once. My purpose was to drive through it on my way to Connecticut. :)

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Haha! EXACTLY Piper.

6. Tor Constantino, MBA April 12, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

Kentucky??? Is that still part of the Union? Great post!

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Thanks Tor. Yup, we let ‘em back in a few decades ago. They owe it ALL to Bo and Luke Duke.

7. susielindau April 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Can’t say that I have. We used to drive through the State on our way from Wisconsin to Florida for spring break. It is beautiful!
    I hope Thing 1 and 2 made it back safely…..

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:09 am #

They won’t be heading to Canada just yet. Got some more travels ahead. Stay tuned.

8. thoughtsappear April 13, 2012 at 6:38 am #

At least I wasn’t the only irresponsible one with the Things. I can’t believe you let them go in the dinosaur mouth. They could have been swallowed!

Also were Things 1 and 2 flexing their guns in front of the Guntown sign? I think so.

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:10 am #

Ha, whatever do you mean? NOT a flex shot =) But the three of us do share the same skin tone at the moment.

9. Tamara Lunardo April 13, 2012 at 10:05 am #

I miss the things. I had fun hiding them too.

:-O

• Educlaytion April 13, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Leave it to you to get the most memorable picture in a photo album of world travel.

10. Marianne Hansen April 13, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Thing1 and 2 have a more exciting life than I do. I am pondering my existence now.

11. Leanne Shirtliffe April 26, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

I swear I commented over here already, but apparently what I said wasn’t fit for a family friendly blog. So, everyone, use your imaginations…

And thanks, eh?

• Renee Schuls-Jacobson April 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

I thought I did, too. Weird. Those Things are living the life. You realize this IS the next book. You have to go on their adventure.

12. Myfanwy April 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

It seems it is possible to survive the things….. Hope you weren’t too exhausted ;)

13. Jules April 28, 2012 at 8:55 am #

Well, if Kentucky is good enough for the Things, I done reckon it’s good enough for me. Plus, I think I need to see those dinosaurs firsthand.

1. Thing 1 and Thing 2: Special Op | Leanne Shirtliffe ~ Ironic Mom - April 27, 2012

[...] on the following link (or the picture below) to take you to The Things Excellent Adventure (including their stop in Guntown Mountain, Kentucky). Kentucky! Apparently there's a Pizza Hut [...]